Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Finding Decently Priced Replacement Laptop Screens

Uh Ohh... I know the feeling all too well when a laptop screen is cracked, and the replacement prices are horrifying, depending on where you buy them.

When I contacted my manufacturer to price my replacement screen, I was shocked at how much I would be paying through them, which was well above $400 for a replacement screen at the time.

Whether you are taking it to a shop or replacing it yourself, you will actually save a lot of money purchasing them from amazon.com or ebay.com.

Another way to save money is to purchase a broken machine and salvage it for parts (assuming that the screen is good). Warning: Never buy a broken laptop that shows signs that it was dropped and suffered significant damage from that drop.

Below are some selections from amazon.com (you can edit the search results by editing the text in the search bar)

1 comment:

  1. Note: How to actually replace a laptop screen will be in another post.

    ReplyDelete